Saturday, December 6, 2008

Last Saturday.


Last Saturday in Kuwait.
Seriously. Today wasn't all that bad. I was awakened by a loud knocking/pounding on the door. I thought to myself that it must have been part of my dream so I rolled over. After hearing it a second time, I realized that it was real and probably for me. I found out that we had to go to a brief at 9am about watch standing back at the building. The brief was fine except when the soon-to-be, new CO said that as far as uniforms go, when we're sitting on the quarterdeck (for our 4 hour watches) when have to wear the same thing. Therefore, if I'm sitting with a big ol' fat dude who NEVER gets cold, but I'm freezing, I have to freeze and NOT wear my coat because the big guy is sweating. I was NOT okay with this, but oh well. I'll figure something out.

Afterward, Jen and I went and got ourselves a couple White Chocolate Mochas. I don't know why I get coffee; it always makes me sick. But it tastes so good, that I get them anyway.

We walked around until lunch time, after which I showed her the miracle of blogspot.com! She made a couple and we put some together. So now we both update a couple new blogs! LOL! (You can find them on my profile.)

I found out I don't have watch today around 2pm. So we went back and worked on our blogs some more. Then, we decided to get our fleece's embroidered. We walked on over to the Hadji Shop and looked at the patches. Since we couldn't decide on anything, we moved on to the purse shop. Good thing I hadn't brought my Visa, or I might have bought YET ANOTHER PURSE! I don't know what it is about cheap/fake brand name purses. They are my weakness. We walked around a bit more and then went back to PCB 123.

On the way back, we decided that for my welcome home party on the 20th, we're going to have PIMP Cups. So we made one for all 4 of us!
Jen - Lil Jen
Brad - B-Rad
Sean - Mac
Joy - J-Reezy

We are so excited! I can't wait.

We ate dinner and we've been spending all day on the internet in my bed, reading over each others shoulders, chit chatting, talking about going home. I got my hair trimmed after my shower because the back was starting to look mullet-ish.

Around 8:10pm, we got a phone call about karaoke. We showed up and ROCKED THE HOUSE! We sang Pat Benetar - Hit Me With Your Best Shot, Madonna - Like A Prayer, and Guns 'N' Roses - Sweet Child Of Mine. We got a 98 on the last one. That was the highest score of the night, so I left and came back to my computer to find that my man had set up our new TV Entertaiment stand! It looks fabulous!

Check out http://soontobemcnamara.blogspot.com to see pictures. I love it! And I honestly can't wait to get home and decorate! That place needs a woman's touch!

No comments: