Thursday, December 11, 2008

Last Thursday.





So, I wake up at 7am to go to breakfast with Jen, but I realize that I honestly don't feel like it. I talk to Sean for a bit and then take a quick nap til 845 and walk over with my 100 lb. storm case to the barracks where they were picking all of them up.

I get in trouble for just standing around and not helping put them all on the truck even though I'm the only girl and they had about 20 guys doing it. They honestly didn't need me and I would have just taken forever anyway. So, I walk away because I wasn't required to be there.

I go to OS1 Marks' barracks and ask him what all the fuss was about with being there for muster at 9am since it was now 920 and he was still in his PJ's in his rack. He tells me nothing. Just that we had to meet at 1pm for inspection of our storm cases and at 2pm we had a muster for watch.

I was relieved that I didn't have anything to do, so I went to my rack and slept until 1200, ate lunch, and then walked over to where we were having our storm cases inspected. Jen was bored so she joined me. I had to clean it, inside and out, and then have the box inventoried. After I was done, Jen went to help me carry the box to the loading area. I picked up the box and started to walk backwards with it while Jen grabbed the other end and I didn't take two steps backward when I fell back over a 2x4 that was sticking out about a foot off the ground about 3 feet across from the table/shelf thing that the case had been on.

I DROPPED THE CASE ON MY SHIN!

Oh it hurt. It STILL hurts. It bled a little. I fell back on my hand and I must have fallen on a big rock because my hand hurts almost as bad as my leg and 100 lb. box fell on it. As I was falling, I was thinking, "OH NO! I'm going to break my ankle only a few days before I get home?!" But, God's angels must have been around me, because I'm fine. In a bit of pain, but I'm fine.

So, Jen and I went to medical where they argued over how to clean the wound, and then since I was feeling dizzy he made me lay down when all I wanted to do was go to my bed and sleep. Then, a coast guard dude made me laugh by sticking non-stick gauze to the door.

I went to my rack and Jen and I hung out. We started doing this thing where we sit in my rack and chill on our computers together. We watched some 30 Rock, and part of StepBrothers (AMAZING MOVIE!). Went to supper. Then I had to type up a recall sheet for Chief Stolebarger.

Since then, we've been back here, sitting on my bed with some hot chocolate and white chocolate mocoa and watched the rest of StepBrothers.

I'm tired now.

Tomorrow is our Award Ceremony/Turn Over Ceremony. Basically the last big thing before we leave. I'm so friggin excited. You have NO IDEA!!

No comments: